These legal notices are mandatory on any website, but here is a simplified summary if you are not familiar with the legal terms:
- We hate spam: your email address will never be given or resold. By registering here, you will receive articles, videos, commercial offers, podcasts and other advice to help you on your way to Compostela and anything that can help you directly or indirectly.
- All information collected about you (for example your first name and email address when you subscribe to the newsletter) is processed in accordance with the French Data Protection Act. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link at the bottom of each email.
- Your details will never be passed on to third parties, and will always be used to receive blog related news and information only.
- Everything written on the site is subject to copyright. In other words, you are not allowed to reproduce it in its entirety without our permission, but we will of course be delighted if you link to the blog if you enjoyed it! Please don’t let it stop you from telling other pilgrims about us and our pilgrimage.
- You can post as many comments as you wish. Although I am not responsible for what you write, I am bound by the law, and I may therefore have to modify or delete a comment in this sense (the typical case being insult or defamation). Respect and benevolence are two essential values for us, on the road as well as behind your computer.
- We use Google Analytics to analyse the blog traffic: number of visits, etc. This allows us to better understand your needs, the most important topics and to adapt our content.
1. Legal information
In accordance with the provisions of Articles 6-III and 19 of the Law for Confidence in the Digital Economy, we inform you that :
- The editor and director of publication of this website is:
E-mail address : info(at) camino-santiago-de-compostela (point) com
- The host of this website is :
O2switch, SARL with a capital of 100,000 euros, whose registered office is located in Clermont-Ferrand, France, which can be reached as follows: 04 44 44 60 40.
2. Information Technology and Liberties
The personal data collected on the site will not be distributed to third parties under any circumstances, nor sold, rented or lent. In application of law n°78-17 of 6 January 1978 amended in 2004, relating to data processing, files and liberties, the automated processing of nominative data carried out from this website (in particular concerning the newsletter) is treated in accordance with the requirements of this law.
The user is notably informed that, in accordance with article 32 of this same law, the information he communicates through the forms on the site is necessary to answer his request and is intended for the site editor.
In accordance with this law, you have the right to access and rectify information concerning you, as well as the right to oppose the processing of your data for legitimate reasons. You can exercise all these rights by contacting the site publisher by simple email.
3. Intellectual Property
The general structure as well as the texts, images and videos, its know-how and all other elements composing the site are the exclusive property of the site editor, unless otherwise stated.
Any total or partial representation of this site by any person whatsoever, without the express authorisation of the publisher is prohibited and would constitute an infringement punishable by articles L. 335-2 and following of the Intellectual Property Code. That said, in accordance with article L. 122-5 of the Intellectual Property Code, short quotations of the content are authorised, provided that the name of the author and the source are clearly indicated by a link to one of the pages of this website.
The comments submitted by Internet users reflect exclusively the opinion of their authors and remain their responsibility. By writing comments on the site, the Internet user agrees to abide by French and international laws.
The administrators of the site reserve the right to moderate, modify or delete any comment that they deem contrary to these laws.
5. Traffic analysis